Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful



Our table setting~ thanks to our wonderful family and friends wedding gifts :)
Thanksgiving was my holiday to work this year.  Not only Thanksgiving night, but the night before and after.  No Thanksgiving dinner or Alabama/ Auburn football game watching with the hubby this year.  Everybody has to take their turn and this year it was mine.  The night before Thanksgiving was a long and busy one at work.  And although I missed George and Hank so very much, I felt extremely thankful.  Thankful for the wonderful friendships I have made at work, thankful for the sweet babies and their families that I adore taking caring of, thankful to have my loving husband and sweet pup to come home to after a long night. So, when the Charge Nurse told me that my name had been the first one drawn to be called off for Thanksgiving, thankful does not even describe how I felt.  George and I were so blessed to be able to spend our first Thanksgiving together as husband and wife, and it will be one that I will remember and cherish forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment