Sunday, November 14, 2010

For the Working Wife....


Night shift presents a ton of lifestyle challenges that even after 4 years, I am still trying to figure out.  One challenge I think I have finally conquered involves cooking meals.  Sometimes, when I wake up for work (when most people are getting home from work), the last thing I want to do is prepare dinner.  I try my best to be a good wife and have dinner ready for my husband when he strolls in from his long day. I am sure that many working wives can sympathize with that.  Crock pot dinners are the perfect solution. When I get home from work (when most people are waking up), I combine all the ingredients, toss ‘em in the slow cooker, and venture off to sleep (for most, off to work).  Wake up (get home) and voila, dinner is ready.  There is nothing better than waking up (or coming home ) to the smell of a delicious, ready-to-serve meal.   One of my favorite, super easy recipes is from a cookbook that I highly recommend, ‘Fix-it and Forget-it, Slow Cooker Magic’.   

Tasty Pork Tenderloins

1 Pork Tenderloin
12 oz. Jar Chili Sauce
16 oz. Can Jellied Cranberry Sauce
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar

Place tenderloin in slow cooker. Combine all ingredients and pour over tenderloin. Cover and cook on high 1 hour and low 3 hours.  Remove pork, slice, and drizzle with remaining sauce from slow cooker.  Pair with wild rice and garnish with cranberries and rosemary, if desired.   

If you cannot preset your slow cooker to certain heats and times, then cook on low 6-8 hours.  

Delicious and so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment