Friday, November 5, 2010

Potato Soup


For several months now, I have been meaning to share some of my cooking endeavors. When half my full memory card consisted of pictures of meals I had made and never shared, I realized it was time to start posting!   

One of my favorites meals when the weather turns cold is a big bowl of hearty, warm soup.  I found a very simple recipe for Potato Soup online.  I made a few changes to make it a bit healthier and easier.  

My Variation:

 Add half a chopped onion along with the minced onion
Use skim milk (although this did make the soup a bit thinner than most potato soup)
Use 6 slices  (about 4 oz.) of 2% American Cheese and break into small pieces
Use bacon bits rather than a piece of bacon

Top it off with a dollop of light sour cream, shredded cheddar, and chives.  I thought it was very tasty, and George loved it too. Serve with warm bread or a fresh salad. 


Bon Appétit!



No comments:

Post a Comment