Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sunsets, Ice Cream, and Babies!

Well, it has been a busy 2 weeks to say the least!

Since we have moved to Nashville, we have had some gorgeous sunsets. I don't know if it is the open land or what, but the sky just seems a bit bluer, the stars a bit brighter, and the sunsets more vibrant. What do you think??



This was taken on our walk around our neighborhood with Henry... so refreshing. :)


Well, for those of you who have the pleasure of knowing my husband, you are probably aware that he LOVES ice cream... like not only loves it but obsesses over it. My parents and his parents always make sure to have a tub of it when we go to Atl. Well, my mom decided that it would be fun to buy us an ice cream maker.... George opened this gift and he seriously looked like a 5 year old on Christmas morning. His excitement over this ice cream maker was the cutest thing ever. We tried it out yesterday and besides the loud 30 minute noise scaring Henry (what noise does not scare him, though??), our ice cream experiment was a HUGE success!

The simple ingredients....

We made simple vanilla ice cream and added crushed Butterfinger on top!
YUMMY! (Please excuse Henry's piggie.. self timer does not take the best pics)
The Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker also makes gelato, sorbet, and frozen yogurt and comes complete with a recipe book. I would highly recommend it!

I started working day shift in the NICU this week which has been quite the adjustment. Although waking up at 4:30 am is definitely not my shining moment, I feel so blessed to be back with the babies and I know this is what I was born to do. It amazes me how easily I can fall in love with someone else's baby... I just cannot wait to look into the eyes of my own. :) I am loving my new job thus far and have met some really wonderful, welcoming people. I am so grateful.





George and I celebrated our first week in Nashville at a delicious restaurant, Whiskey Kitchen. Dirty marts (extra dirty), fish and chicken tacos, and the Braves game made for our perfect date night. :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for yall and glad you are enjoying Nashville and your new job!! I won't lie when I first read your blog title I had to scroll all the way down to see if I needed to start juming up and down with excitement!! Ha!! Miss you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This os great! I LOVE your blog it makes you two feel close!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. George likes ice cream? I cannot wait to concoct something crazy when I get up there one of these weekends!

    ReplyDelete