Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lately


My mom came to visit me and Hank while George was in New Orleans this weekend. We had SUCH a blast!

Friday, my mom and I did one of our absolute FAVORITE things to do.... we drove to this adorable neighborhood/ community (westhaventn.com) and explored for hours and even toured some model homes. This neighborhood is totally my dream... and by dream, I mean I will probably be dreaming for a while! It was so much fun, though. Friday night we dined at a delish Mexican restaurant in downtown Franklin called Sol. We had some awesome margaritas, queso fundido, and a yummy balsamic chicken with peach salsa! Afterwards, we reminisced while watching the wedding video. For those of you that are engaged or maybe just in a relationship, I would highly recommend a wedding videographer when the day comes. Our DVD included highlights, the entire ceremony, and most of the reception. The highlights section was highlights (duh) put to music( http://evolutionvideoinc.com/?p=271). It is such an amazing thing to watch yourself and significant other reciting your vows and it brought back quite a bit of emotions. It is something that we will definitely cherish for a lifetime.

Saturday morning, my mom and I went to the Franklin Farmers Market which is like 5 minutes from our place. This is something that I plan on doing with George every Saturday. It was AMAZING. This market has everything from organic, all natural soaps to jewelry, to local meats and locally grown veggies, pickles, jams, juices, dips, pies, cakes.... you name it... the Franklin Farmers Market has it! We tried a few items... pumpkin butter, olive spread, blackberry jam, sweet pickles, pickled squash, and salsa. We plan on buying a few things each week.... the pumpkin butter and pickled squash were my faves!!

I gave my mom a brief tour of Nashville... we explored a little bit in East Nashville ( the artsy up and coming area ), Green Hills / Vanderbilt area, and downtown. I do not have the best track record in regards to my directionality (is that a word??) ... anywho, I was very proud of myself because A. We did not get lost... B. I was driving my mom's car with her in the passenger seat...C. I was driving through the biggest monsoon I have ever seen; streaks of lightning all around us... totally not my thing! Now I know why Nashville flooded... in like 5 minutes of rain, the streets had turned to rivers. It was insane. After I safely navigated us home, we got some take out PF Changs and planted ourselves on the couch. We watched some episodes of 'Say Yes to the Dress' ( we will always love the wedding stuff) and called it a night. What a great weekend with great company!

Sunday evening, after George got home from his exhausting weekend of work aka fantasy football draft in New Orleans, we walked outside to this....

I love this town.


A pic of 'TLI', George's fantasy football league. Each year, they travel to the city of the previous Super Bowl winner to do their draft. Of course, George is sporting his UGA game day gear. So George!

No comments:

Post a Comment