Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Praying for Patience

Patience: noun; an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay

Patience is something that I have struggled with my whole life. I think I am a very patient person in my career, but in my day to day life not so much. I just wish I had a fast forward button now and then... nothing wrong with that, right? Anyways....

This is a weird time for George and me....it seems our lives as newlyweds is sort of 'on hold' right now as George is studying for the BAR exam at the end of July, and I am trying to find a place for us to live in Nashville and finish up work in Knoxville... oh, and pack, of course. George takes the BAR July 28th and 29th, and we have to be out of our current home July 30th at noon! It should be interesting!

I so admire George's work ethic and determination.....it actually amazes me. I listened in on one of his review lectures today for a minute, and I just about fell asleep. One word- torture! A few of the words I picked up on: proxy, speculation, defendant, transaction....blah, blah, blah! I do not know how he does it, but I am so proud of him for his drive to succeed. I find myself wanting to hang out, do things together, and just enjoy each other's company. I am doing my best to keep myself busy as to not distract him. So for now, I pray for patience to get us through these next couple of weeks.

As for me.... I think I have been on every rental website known to man at least 30 times in one day. I find myself obsessing over it... like waking up in the middle of the night just to get on my computer and see if anything new has been posted. Ugh, I am so over it. It has been a 'planners' worst nightmare! And planner I am! I like to know everything in advance. We are actually both very schedule oriented people. So, the fact that we do not know where we are going to live in just one short MONTH is pretty agonizing. It is hard, too, because I have such specific requests (granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, open floor plan, backyard, etc). I have to remind myself that this is not going to be our dream home.... just a rental until we learn where we want to buy. We are headed to Nashville Monday to check out some places... wish us luck! But for now, I will continue to pray for patience!

July 30th cannot come soon enough!

6 comments:

  1. I am praying for your patience!! Granite countertops and stainless steel appliances is why I love you!! Best blog post yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks Mary Kathryn! Sometimes, I feel like my blog is my way of venting... and sometimes I feel like nobody is reading, so thanks for commenting!! YOU need to start one!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand from a planners perspective. That would drive me nuts too. Good Luck finding a place=) I'm sure something great will pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! I can only imagine how stressed you are. Even though you will be busy, hopefully I can come up to Knoxville and pass some time before the move! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. As someone who has taken a bar exam, I know just how miserable that time can be. Hope it passes quickly for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Court!!! The blog can't "call failed" us. :) I am so glad everything worked out! I knew it would! And just think how much fun you and George are going to have in Nashville once the BAR is behind both of you! Also, for the record..I laughed out loud at the blah, blah, blah part. That would be WAY over my head too. LOVE LOVE LOVE yoU!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete