Monday, February 14, 2011

♥♥♥


George and I had such a wonderful first Valentine's Day as husband and wife!  After a fun weekend of going to dinner with friends and attending the Predators game (my first hockey game ever!), we decided to stay in and do a little (husband sitting on the couch watching b-ball, golf, etc. while wife prepares meal) husband-wife cooking together. ;)  

After church, we did our weekly Publix run, and then I made some delicious Buffalo Chicken Melts with my panini press.  I have this one and really LOVE it.  You can only make one sandwich at a time, but it does a really great job and is easy to clean.  

The dinner menu consisted of an appetizer, dinner, and dessert.

Marinated Tomatoes and Brie on Crusty French Bread

I was not the hugest fan of the appetizer.  I had a really difficult time cutting the brie into 'bite sized pieces'.  It kind of turned into a gooey mess.  George LOVED it, though... so I guess that is what matters.  He ate all but maybe 2 off this plate.

Herbed Shrimp and Feta Pasta Bake


I do not usually compliment my own food, but ,WOW, this recipe is a keeper.  We bought the shrimp fresh from Whole Foods and I had to clean and peel the shrimp (deveining is so gross to me).  It only took me about an hour to do a pound, but it was SO worth it.  The shrimp was sweet and so delicious.  This recipe has feta, swiss, and mozzarella cheese... definitely not the healthiest but oh.so.good.

Heart Shaped Sugar Cake Cookies


We decorated cookies like we were little kids and had so much fun.  George did the Georgia 'G' on about half of them... so creative and romantic, right?  


So grateful for my two Valentine's that have totally stolen my heart.  I am one lucky girl. :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! XOXOXOXO



1 comment:

  1. Ok, that Valentine's meal looks incredile! From start to finsih! Sounded like a very nice and relaxing V-day!

    ReplyDelete